The mystery and intrigue of Buckingham palace guards have fascinated Anglophiles around the world. "Changing the Guard" ceremony at Buckingham palace is a major tourist attraction, but there are few who know these four amazing facts about these palace guards. First, the Queen's guards have been in place since 1660 and are a part of the household division. Second, although the Queen's Guards includes 36 soldiers and 3 officers, only 4 stand outside the palace when the queen is home and 2 stand there when the queen is away. Third, the guards wear bearskin hats that are made from real bear fur so that they look more intimidating. Fourth, smiling can cost a guard anywhere from a few days to up to a week's pay. Add a touch of royal grandeur to your table with our Buckingham guard coasters.
- Colour - White and Gold
- Weight - 0.25 kg (per piece)
- Style No. - HACO-1686-S4
- Care Instructions - Clean with a dry cloth; Brass will oxidize over time, so use lemon juice, vinegar, or a brass polish such as Brasso to clean and preserve it.
"Travelling - it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller." - Ibn Battuta. Nothing enriches our soul more than travel. Our travel-inspired collection features keepsakes from our favorite destinations. If you have travelled to these places, these mementos will serve as souvenirs for you, and if you haven't travelled to these places they will transport you there!
- Products are shipped within 3 business days.
- Delivery can take 2-10 business days depending on location.
- Eligible for returns within 7 days of delivery; Exceptions may be applicable.
- Please read our Returns policy for more information.